Friday, August 8, 2008

Brand New Day

So I should be busily writing and preparing for Tuesdays comedy show, but naturally I am looking up vocal performances of Megan Mullally on YouTube and downloading Joss Whedon’s Dr. Horrible’s Sing Along Blog on ITunes.
It has been five full days since I have smoked a cigarette, four days prior to that when nary an indulgence happened in the daylight, and only a puff at a party or a single cigarette that lasted for three days was what I had to owe up to.
In short I am quitting smoking.
But tonight, I caved. In effort to squelch the habitual companion to typing, I failed and lit one up and breathed it in. Ah sweet mystery of life....
Turn the count back to one. I feel a little guilt for failure.
Excuses a plenty.
Neil Patrick Harris, sing another song tonight, and tomorrow I will start again my plight the fight against nicotine. This fight I am fighting, harder than it may seem. Forces me into poetic writing, to distract me and keep me fighting from once again cigarette lighting.
Wish me luck.

(Neil Patrick Harris stars in the little downloadable musical vignette I mentioned, I just wanted to make clear my references.)

No comments: